DEREK AS A SPEAKER
Derek Lobo is the founder, CEO and Broker of Record of Rock Advisors Inc., Brokerage and DALA Group of Companies. Since 1986, after seeing an opportunity for products and solutions in support of the purpose-built rental apartment market, Lobo has served the industry through multi-residential consulting and brokerage work. His company’s feasibility studies have helped hundreds of clients wisely invest in the construction of new apartments throughout Canada.
Derek Lobo is a passionate and engaging speaker who has given dozens of talks and keynote addresses on topics related to the purpose-built rental apartment industry. He is more than happy to share his expertise and his enthusiasm on such subjects as new apartment construction, apartment management, student housing, the state of the industry, and more.
APPOINTMENTS OUTSIDE OF ROCK ADVISORS INC.,
- In 2005, Derek took a six month sabbatical from Rock to serve as the VP of Sales and Marketing for CAPREIT (TSX: CAR.UN) in Toronto.
- Has worked for Starlight Multi-Family US REIT (TSX-V: UMF.A and UMF.U) and currently serves on their board.
- Served as president of the Hamilton and District Apartment Association
- Served as board member on the Federation of Rental Housing Providers of Ontario
AMERICAN SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Spoken at the National Multifamily Housing Council annual general meeting
- Spoken before the National Multifamily Housing Council research forum
- Spoken before Multi-Housing World
- Spoken at the National Apartment Association education conference and exposition.
CANADIAN SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Spoken at Real Estate Forums across Canada, organized by Informa Canada, including Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal
- Spoken before the Quebec Apartment Investor Conference
- Spoken before the Canadian Apartment Investor Conference
- Delivered courses and made presentations for the Federated Press
STUDENT HOUSING ENGAGEMENTS
- Spoken at the Queen’s University Real Estate Conference
- Spoken to the Town and Gown Association of Ontario.
- Spoken before the Association of College and University Housing Officers, including ACUHO International and ACUHO Ontario.
MEDIA QUOTATIONS AND OTHER EXPERTISE
- Have been interviewed and quoted in the Globe and Mail, the National Post, the Toronto Star, RENX, Canadian Apartment Magazine, FE Magazine (FRPO), Building Blocks Magazine (GTAA) and Canadian Real Estate Magazine.
- Have served as an expert witness for the Ontario Municipal Board.
To book Derek to speak at your gathering, please complete the form below:
Global Director Buildings
Mansoor Kazerouni is an Architect with over 27 years of experience and a significant portfolio of projects completed or underway across Canada, the United States, the UAE, Jordan and India. These include high density high-rise residential buildings, hotels, office, retail, institutional, and complex urban mixed-use developments. A number of these projects have been nominated for and received Urban Design and Architectural Design awards.
Mr. Kazerouni is the Global Director of Architecture at IBI Group, leading a team of over 1,400 Architects, designers and Engineers located in 60 offices worldwide.
Mr. Kazerouni has been a guest lecturer on the subject of architecture and mixed-use design at universities, conferences and various panels. He has also been interviewed on the subject by newspapers, architectural publications, television and other media.
Mr. Kazerouni's abilities and expertise in his field have been recognized by his appointment to the City of Mississauga's Urban Design Advisory Panel, the City of Markham’s Urban Design Advisory Panel and the City of Vaughan's Urban Design Advisory Panel. He is also a past Advisory Board Member of the Urban Land Institute, a member of the Ontario Association of Architects, the Alberta Association of Architects, the Nova Scotia Association of Architects, the Architects Licensing Board of Newfoundland and Labrador, and a member of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada. He has testified as an expert witness at the Ontario Municipal Board and at Arbitration Hearings related to development sites.
Darryl McCullough CCIM SEC
Broker - Royal LePage Lakes of Muskoka Realty Inc., Brokerage
President - Crescent Equity Management Inc.
Since 1972, I have been given the opportunity to interact with seasoned partners and clients in structuring and organizing both simple and complex real estate transactions involving acquisition, disposition, finance, and consulting in Canada and throughout the United States. It has trained me to bring a unique, personal client-centered approach to each assignment, from simple to complex transactions and the diverse clientele who own them.
In 1984 I received the Certified Commercial Investment Member, CCIM, designation (www.ccim.com); an internationally recognized identity confirming amortized knowledge in the disciplines of investment, development etc.
Another prominent membership I thankfully am able to continue holding is with the U.S. based Society of Exchanges Counselors (www.secounselors.com). This organization shares my belief in pursuing and demonstrating problem solving techniques in the real estate industry based on proven principles of integrity, professionalism, and accountability. Through this organization I continue to dedicate myself to what is true in the discipline of real estate problem solving.
Technology coupled with a learned research and analytical skill set now allows me to carry out these functions with selected projects from my adopted Muskoka home.
I continue to maintain an ever changing “student” learning status not only related to the physical asset, but equal or more importantly, drawing out corporate/personal situations and objectives and then knitting together ultimate benefit packages based on creative solutions via time honoured formulas.