Session 1 October 13 at 11:00 AM (EST)
The Future Apartment Developer: The Blueprint for Building Rental Apartments and Inter-Generational Wealth
The need for purpose-built rental apartment development is constant because communities, technology, and resident tastes never stop changing. New generations, new lifestyle choices, and revolving immigrant groups, coupled with the evolution of the apartment industry, create continual demand for new purpose-built rental stock. In this session, we will cover the following:
– How to structure your portfolio now for inter-generational wealth transfer in the future.
– Which developers have had success in this asset class, how they had that success and what the success looks like?
– A high-level overview of the major components of apartment development.
– Where are the development opportunities? With so many opportunities, how do you select a site and what do you build on that site?
– Practices and standards for assessing a site have improved in recent years, but the difficulty of locating buildable sites has increased markedly. How do you assess these trickier deals?