Vice President, Self Storage
The self-storage industry is increasingly becoming a desired investment commodity, gaining the attention of investors on both a national and international level. What further sets this specific asset class apart is that self-storage properties are not just real estate, but also business investments that require a unique understanding of the business model.
We are looking for a RECO Licensed, entrepreneurial, self storage expert to work in our Burlington, Ontario office to build a national team for SVN Canada Inc.
You will have the following advantages to create success – come join the SVN Team.
National Brand Leverage
Even though it may seem like we are looking for a specific person, this role will be tailored to fit whomever ultimately joins. If you believe you have what it takes to excel in this position, we encourage you to apply.
Lines of communication
This role will be trained by, and report to, the President.
Full-time position at Burlington Office
Salary (commensurate with experience), plus commission
- A full training program of real estate research and commercial brokerage.
Qualifications and requirements
- Real estate License
- Consulting, finance, operations, and development experience are all assets.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with Self Storage
- Able to work in a team-based environment; however, able to work independently when needed.
- Organizational and time management skills: Detail-oriented.
- High-level presentation skills.
- Proven problem solver and innovative decision maker with the ability to meet critical deadlines, including multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to drive and be flexible to work full-time in our Burlington office, with the flexibility to attend client meetings across the GTA; outside regular business hours will be necessary at times.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.