(Market-Leading Commercial Real Estate Team)
Urban Planning / Urban Geography Background
– Group-oriented, technology-driven, ongoing training, collaboration and autonomy, flexibility, innovation rewarded, coaching-style management, open workspaces –
Research Analyst – an integral part of SVN Rock Advisors’ market-leading commercial real estate team. We are a fast-growing company in the apartment industry with multiple projects underway.
Lines of communication
This role will be trained by, and report to, the Manager of Research and Consultancy.
Full-time position at Burlington Office
- New grads: $50,000 plus bonuses.
- Recent grads (2-3 years experience): Commensurate with experience.
- A full training program of real estate research and commercial brokerage.
- See https://svn.com/careers-with-svn/ for more details on our firm and background.
- Within the first 3 months of employment, the researcher will take part in a 3-day training program with SVN International Corporation in the USA.
- Assist with New Apartment Construction Feasibility Studies across Canada (some minor travel may be required).
- Assist with sales demonstrations for SVN Rock Advisors research products.
- Assist with the development of brokerage packages and provide other brokerage support functions.
- Assist with the underwriting process (training provided – some Excel experience helpful), and assist in the development and use of financial models and investment analysis for both institutional and private client outputs.
- Assist with other SVN Rock Advisors research products (training provided).
Qualifications and requirements
- Relevant degree and/or 1-3 years research and analysis experience.
- Strong data analysis skills with strong working knowledge of Statistics Canada Census Data and CMHC Housing Market Data.
- Strong analytical skills and high competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint; willingness to learn in-house software.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Knowledge of/experience with the Ontario and/or GTA housing sector.
- Able to work in a team-based environment; however, able to work independently when needed.
- Organizational and time management skills: Detail-oriented.
- High-level presentation skills.
- Experience with GIS is an asset.
- Proven problem solver and innovative decision maker with the ability to meet critical deadlines, including multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to drive and be flexible to work full-time in our Burlington office, with the flexibility to attend client meetings across the GTA; outside regular business hours will be necessary at times.
Competencies & Workplace Culture
- Integrity— SVN Rock Advisors prides itself on its trustworthiness and transparent reputation to clients. This integrity begins with each team member. Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail— Our clients expect top-quality research products and we use the latest technology in the industry. Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability— Manager of Research and Consultancy will work closely with you in a coaching type relationship. Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations on a timely basis.
- Openness to New Ideas and Opportunities— Our team regularly collaborates and tests out new ideas and opportunities, which often come straight from team members. We are continually innovating our products, our services and how we deliver them to our clients. We’ve worked with major universities in Canada and America on senior level projects including the Ivey Business School (London), Schulich School of Business (Toronto), and Northeastern University (Boston). Job requires displaying a good-natured, innovative, and open attitude.
- Cooperation and Concern for Others— Our offices are open and collaborative; respect amongst employees is paramount. Job requires being pleasant and cooperative with others on the job, being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful towards other team members.
Introductory webinar will be sent to those applicants to further explain the position. Interviews for selected candidates to follow.