Real Estate Analyst
Providing real estate research services to our private and institutional real estate customers. We are a fast-growing company in the multi-unit residential industry with multiple projects underway.
Lines of communication
This role will be trained by, and report to, the Manager of Research and Consultancy.
Full-time position at Burlington Office
Commensurate with experience.
- Assist in New Apartment Construction Feasibility Studies.
- Assist in sales demonstrations for New Apartment Construction Feasibility Studies.
- Assist with the underwriting process, and prepare analytical valuation write-ups and presentation materials for both the executive team and clients.
- Assist in building valuation models for potential acquisitions for multi-unit residential.
- Assist in the development and use of financial models and investment analysis for both institutional and private client outputs, catering for both income-producing and development-led opportunities.
- Assist in Building and Portfolio Repositioning Studies.
- Provide support to the brokerage team in creating CIM packages.
- Occasional travel within Ontario.
Qualifications and requirements
- Relevant Degree with 1-3 years research and analysis experience.
- Strong data analysis skills with strong working knowledge of Statistics Canada Census Data and CMHC Housing Market Data.
- Project management experience with strong analytical skills and high competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint; willingness to learn in-house software.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- In-depth knowledge and/or experience of the Ontario and/or Toronto markets (specifically the apartment sector).
- Able to work in a team-based environment; however, able to work independently when needed.
- Organizational and time management skills: Detail-oriented.
- High-level presentation skills and the ability to analyze corporate meeting targeting financials and investment data.
- Experience with GIS is an asset, but not required.
- Proven problem solver and innovative decision maker with the ability to meet critical deadlines, including multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to drive and be flexible to work full-time in our Burlington office, with the flexibility to attend client meetings across the GTA; outside regular business hours will be necessary at times.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.