Real Estate-Based Manager,
Research & Consultancy Department
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
The Manager of Research and Consultancy will be responsible for leading a team of 5+ research analysts, as well as a data collection team of 4 people, in the sale, and execution of a variety of research products in the multi-residential field.
The Manager of Research and Consultancy will be primarily responsible for providing the following services to clients and supervising the production thereof:
- New Apartment Construction Feasibility Studies
- Financial Modelling for new apartment construction
- Producing Confidential Information Memoranda for apartment buildings for sale
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Sales: Providing demonstrations of SVN Rock Advisors’ research and consultancy services to prospective clients, answering queries, and directing analysts to complete proposal and invoicing functions. Grow gross sales on an annual basis to grow the department.
- Client Care: Providing a high level of customer service to prospective and existing clients through prioritized follow-ups via phone, email, and in person.
- Marketing: Working directly with SVN’s Marketing Manager to provide content and support for all marketing initiatives. At this time, little marketing is done for this division of the company so there is room for significant growth.
- Product Development: There is an opportunity to diversify the services that the Research & Consultancy department offers. Product development will occur in conjunction with firm principal vision.
- Workflow Management: Manage the workflow of 5+ research analysts, and coordinate between Research & Consultancy, Database, Brokerage, and Franchising departments to provide both internal and external deliverables.
- Quality Control: Responsible for editing deliverables to meet SVN Rock Advisors’ top-of-market standards for all research and consultancy deliverables.
- Mentorship: Mentoring junior analysts to grow their skills, experience, and position in the firm.
- Administrative: Work directly with the Accounting Department to complete accounts receivable functions, collections. Basic human resources tracking for junior analysts.
LINES OF COMMUNICATION:
The Manager of Research and Consultancy will be trained by the outgoing individual in this role for a period of approximately 6 months, after this time, the Manager will report directly to the President of SVN Rock Advisors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience managing a team of urban planners and analysts
- Some affiliation with a commercial real estate brokerage
- Some understanding of the apartment industry
- Good understanding of excel and financial modelling
- Ability to take a $1.0 million business and grow it to the next level (with rewards for that growth when achieved)
- Experience managing consultancy/analysis within the real estate industry is a requirement.
- Minimum 4 years work experience.
Full-time position in Burlington Office.
Strong base salary plus achievable incentives and advancement opportunities within the company.
ANTICIPATED START DATE:
Qualified candidates will be contacted to review further information regarding this position.