Commercial Real Estate Agent – Experienced Apartment Specialist
If you feel you are a good fit for this position, please drop by our office with your resume at 5100 South Service Road, Unit 51, Burlington ON during business hours. We are usually pretty busy but we’ll take the time to say hello and go over your resume. Alternatively, you can apply here on our website:
Your Real Estate Career at SVN
Teamwork. Transparency. Collaboration. Trust. These words are intertwined with your success at SVN Rock Advisors. Are you an ambitious team-player? Then we want you to join our team of Real Estate professionals. At SVN Rock, we believe in continuing education and training for our professionals. We are looking for individuals, like you, who are coachable, persistent and dedicated to the process. You will have direct access to the SVN | System 4 Growth online training system and SVN | Jumpstart acceleration programs while you work alongside other experienced Senior Sales Representatives in a team environment.
Commercial Real Estate is a $158 billion global industry that encompasses development, appraisal, financing, sales, leasing, and management. It is an industry that can be financially rewarding for those who are self-motivated and focused. It is also a profession that has an enormous impact on our local communities. This is a unique opportunity working directly with an experienced, highly successful team. Our rapidly growing Brokerage is looking for team-oriented, smart, forward-thinking, results-oriented people. Our Agents are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our Agents embrace challenges and do their utmost to contribute to our clients’ success.
SVN Rock Advisors is looking to add an Experienced Commercial Real Estate Agent who specializes in multifamily (apartment) and student housing sales. The Experienced Commercial Real Estate Agent will be exposed to various facets of Commercial Real Estate including:
- Direct client interaction and deal management
- Demographic, market and property analysis
- Marketing and preparation of CIM and data room for listings
- Coordinating and engaging in direct marketing initiatives
- Financial analysis and development of proformas
- Direct communication with clients, prospects, other Brokers, and 3rd parties to transactions
- Direct communication with upper management, including the CEO
- Working on the “front lines” on major deals
This is a high touch point position that will expose those eager to elevate their career in Commercial Real Estate to the various functional groups required to get a deal across the goal line and closed. SVN Rock is looking for a motivated and ambitious individual who is a strong communicator and able to get on the phone and in front of clients. A Real Estate license is a must.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Active current real estate license
- University degree in business, finance, management, or real estate field an asset
- Experience in the apartment industry in any of the following areas: apartment brokerage, lending, financial analysis, appraisal, construction, or student housing
- Superior knowledge of real estate transactions with advanced knowledge in selling marketing and negotiating real estate deals at this level is an asset
- Strong financial and business insight with the ability to interpret financial analysis of apartment buildings with clients
- Good communication skills, ability to make cold calls and the ability to execute presentations effortlessly with client focus
- Technical proficiency with database systems
- Strong working proficiency with MS office software (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) especially Microsoft Excel
- Strong ability in financial analysis
- Self-starter, self-motivated, with a permanent bias to action
- Willingness to work beyond regular business hours and weekends as required
- A valid Ontario Driver’s license and daily access to a car
- A positive winning attitude
To be discussed.
Your entrepreneurial spirit, and our rewarding innovation, supportive risk-taking, collaborative work environment through common goals, brainstorming and problem-solving sessions, and training programs will secure your earning potential. Our management team is genuine, transparent, and open to mentorship programs.
- Prospect for new business harnessing the power of the proprietary SVN Rock database of the mid-market where commissions are the highest (SVN Rock Team Leaders do an average of 10 to 15 meetings per week with our clients).
- Build potential business from existing clients in all SVN Rock product and service groups.
- Push forward marketing initiatives, get on the phone to call clients, prospects and cold calls.
- Develop a strong understanding of all SVN Rock value-added products and services including: Commercial Brokerage, Apartment Land Sales, New and Existing Apartment Sales, New Apartment Construction Feasibility Studies, Apartment Lease Up Services, Market Surveys, Leasing Training, and Mystery Shopping.
- Working closely with the SVN Rock Research and Database Team, create high powered client presentations and proposals. SVN Rock’s backroom prepares professional Building Opinion of Value (BOV) reports, flyers, brochures, Confidential Information Memorandums (CIM), and listing presentations so you can focus on selling.
- Guide clients through the complex sale process of their properties including pricing, marketing, advertising and leading tours, all the while managing the due diligence and closing the sale.
- Build relationships with clients to the level of “Trusted Advisor” to impact the sales process and build long-term customers.
- Maintain strong relationships with the apartment community by providing ongoing and timely updates on market trends.
- Team Player – Job requires working on a Team
- Integrity— Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability— Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others— Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Introductory webinar will be sent to applicants to further explain the position and all applicants are welcome to participate. Interviews for selected candidates will follow participation in the webinar. SVN Rock Advisors Inc. is a dynamic commercial Real Estate Brokerage that believes in cooperative compensation and living our core covenants, which includes the SVN Difference. Our interview process is intensive and always a team-driven collaborative decision making process. So, the opportunities we have will only be filled when the team feels the right person has come along.
About SVN International Corp.
SVN International Corp. has over 200 franchise offices throughout the country specializing in commercial real estate brokerage (sales and leasing). SVN® is a brand known for being inclusive and building trust within the industry through its open and transparent sales process. Working with our Shared Value Network™ we build demand for our properties through our shared fee incentives, online marketing platforms, and SVN | Live® weekly property broadcasts. We also work with clients who are seeking locations to grow their companies. We are the industry’s leader in collaboration and our culture gives every broker the opportunity to succeed on his or her own while also being part of a larger team that works, plays and wins together.
Submit Your Application
We Believe in Co-Brokerage
At SVN Rock Advisors Inc., we believe in Co-Brokerage. We believe the industry as a whole, and everybody in it, benefits if brokers work together to bring deals to the wider marketplace. We believe that, by working together as an industry, we can generate more and better business for all. If you’re interested in co-brokering with us, we’d love to hear from you.[/TS_VCSC_Advanced_Textblock]
Always Looking for Good People
Most brokers choose commercial real estate because it combines autonomy, flexibility, profitability and a passion for client service excellence;however what may be lacking is a clear point of differentiation that can give them a competitive and creative edge.
In a study done by Pepperdine University, the top 5 things brokers want most are:
- National Brand Leverage
- Support Staff
- Marketing Materials
- Technology Support
- True Cooperation
SVN Rock Advisors Inc. offers all these and much more.
If you’re a broker who wants to make a difference in your career – one that can maximize profit product offering, support systems and earning potential, it’s time to talk to SVN Rock Advisors Inc.
A FUTURE WITH SVN ROCK ADVISORS
Nick Obradovic, Sales Associate on the Major Apartment Transaction Team, shares why he chose to work at SVN Rock Advisors.
WHAT’S IT REALLY LIKE WORKING AT SVN ROCK ADVISORS
WHAT MAKES SVN® DIFFERENT
50% Commission. 100% of the Time.
We believe in sharing fees to give incentive to a wider network of buyers. With an expansive network comes higher visibility and increased demand, resulting in a higher value for clients.
The 9.6% Report
Compensated cooperation guarantees that equitable co-brokerage fees are paid on all properties, and not only to brokers within the same company, but to any and all outside brokers involved. When fees and buyer pools are shared, properties generate a higher demand and price, resulting in the most value for everyone involved.
50/50 by 2020
SVN® strives to provide opportunities to those who are underrepresented in the commercial real estate industry, regardless of gender or race. We are committed to achieve a balance of diverse talent of 50/50 by 2020.
We thank you for your interest; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.