Commercial Real Estate Deal Team Managing Director
(Market-Leading Commercial Real Estate Team)
This is a unique opportunity working directly with an experienced, highly successful team and learning from some of the best in the industry. Our rapidly growing brokerage is looking for smart, forward-thinking, results-oriented people. Our Agents are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none.
Deal Team Managing Director – experienced in building and managing a multi-disciplined team (6-8 team members) of licensed RE agents, real estate analysts, administration and marketing staff – an integral part of SVN Rock Advisors’ market-leading commercial real estate team. We are a fast-growing company in the apartment industry with multiple projects underway.
Lines of communication
This role will report to, the President and CEO.
Salary Income: $70k depending on experience plus commissions.
Total Income package $120K – $220K
Who we are and what you can expect
- Develop a strong understanding of all SVN value added products and services including: Commerical Real Estate brokerage, Apartment Land Sales, New and Existing Apartment Building Sales, New Apartment Construction Feasibility Studies, Apartment Lease Up Services, Market Surveys, Leasing Training, and Mystery Shopping.
- Manage all aspects of the day to day operation of the in-house deal team.
- Participate in and promote webinars, external seminars and marketing efforts, and participate in all internal meetings and training organized for the sales department.
- Assist in the promotion of SVN as the premiere brand in the commercial real estate space, new apartment construction and student housing.
- Assist with the development of brokerage packages and provide other brokerage support functions.
- Assist with the underwriting process (training provided – some Excel experience helpful) and assist in the development and use of financial models and investment analysis for both institutional and private client outputs.
Qualifications and requirements
- Active current Ontario real estate license; Post Secondary Diploma is an asset.
- Strong financial and business acumen with good communication skills, and the ability to execute presentations effortlessly.
- Some exposure to the apartment industry in any of the following areas: apartment brokerage, lending, appraisal, construction or student housing.
- Previous transaction experience in commercial real estate with deal negotiating.
- Self starter, self motivated with a positive winning attitude.
- Project management experience with strong analytical skills and high competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint; willingness to learn in-house software.
- Knowledge of/experience with the Ontario and/or GTA housing sector.
- Able to work in a team-based environment; however, able to work independently when needed.
- Organizational and time management skills: Detail-oriented.
- High-level presentation skills.
- Proven problem solver and innovative decision maker with the ability to meet critical deadlines, including multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to drive and be flexible to work full-time in our Burlington office, with the flexibility to attend client meetings across the GTA; outside regular business hours will be necessary at times.
- Integrity— Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability— Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others— Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Introductory webinar will be sent to applicants to further explain the position. All applicants welcome to participate. Interviews for selected candidates to follow.
SVN Rock Advisors Inc. is a dynamic commercial Real Estate Brokerage that believes in cooperative compensation and living our core covenants, which includes the SVN Difference.