Commercial Real Estate Deal Team Managing Director
We are looking for an experienced Deal Team Managing Director. Background in building and managing a multi-disciplined team (6-8 team members) of licensed Real Estate Agents, Real Estate analysts, administration and marketing staff, all whom are an integral part of the SVN Rock Advisors’ market-leading Commercial Real Estate team. We are a fast-growing company in the apartment industry with multiple projects underway.
Lines of communication
This role will report to the President and CEO.
To be discussed.
Your entrepreneurial spirit, and our rewarding innovation, supportive risk-taking, collaborative work environment through common goals, brainstorming and problem-solving sessions, and combined with your Deal Team Management ability will enhance and secure everyone’s earning potential. Our management team is genuine, transparent, and open to mentorship programs.
- Develop a strong understanding of all SVN value added products and services including: Commerical Real Estate Brokerage, apartment land sales, new and existing apartment building sales, new apartment construction feasibility studies, apartment lease-up services, market surveys, leasing training, and mystery shopping.
- Manage all aspects of the day to day operation of the in-house Deal Team.
- Participate in and promote webinars, external seminars and marketing efforts, and participate in all internal meetings and training organized for the sales department.
- Assist in the promotion of SVN as the premiere brand in the Commercial Real Estate industry, new apartment construction and student housing spheres.
- Assist with the development of Brokerage packages and provide other Brokerage support functions.
- Assist with the underwriting process (training provided, if required – some Excel experience an asset) and assist in the development and use of financial models and investment analysis for both institutional and private client outputs.
Qualifications and requirements
- Active current Ontario Real Estate license
- Post Secondary Diploma is an asset.
- Strong financial and business acumen with good communication skills, and the ability to execute presentations effortlessly.
- Some exposure to the apartment industry in any of the following areas: apartment brokerage, lending, appraisal, financial analysis, construction, or student housing.
- Previous transaction experience in Commercial Real Estate with deal negotiating skills.
- Self starter, self motivated, team player with a positive winning attitude.
- Project management experience with strong analytical skills and high competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a willingness to learn in-house software.
- Knowledge of/experience with the Ontario and/or GTA housing sector.
- Able to work in a team-based environment. However, able to work independently when needed.
- Organizational and time management skills: Detail-oriented.
- High-level presentation skills.
- Proven problem solver and innovative decision maker with the ability to meet critical deadlines, including multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to drive and be flexible to work full-time in our Burlington office, with the flexibility to attend client meetings across the GTA; outside regular business hours will be necessary at times.
- Team Player — Job requires you to work on a Team.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and ability to fulfill obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Introductory webinar will be sent to applicants to further explain the position and all applicants are welcome to participate. Interviews for selected candidates will follow participation in the webinar.
SVN Rock Advisors Inc. is a dynamic commercial Real Estate Brokerage that believes in cooperative compensation and living our core covenants, which includes the SVN Difference. Our interview process is intensive and always a team-driven collaborative decision making process. So, the opportunities we have will only be filled when the team feels the right person has come along.
About SVN International Corp.
SVN International Corp. has over 200 franchise offices throughout the country specializing in commercial real estate brokerage (sales and leasing). SVN® is a brand known for being inclusive and building trust within the industry through its open and transparent sales process. Working with our Shared Value Network™ we build demand for our properties through our shared fee incentives, online marketing platforms, and SVN | Live® weekly property broadcasts. We also work with clients who are seeking locations to grow their companies. We are the industry’s leader in collaboration and our culture gives every broker the opportunity to succeed on his or her own while also being part of a larger team that works, plays and wins together.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.