Broker Associate (Entry Level) on Major Transaction Team – Commercial Real Estate Agent
SVN Rock Advisors is looking to add a Broker Associate to the Major Transaction Team which specializes in multifamily (apartment) and student housing sales. The Major Transaction Team works on large and high-profile transactions generally exceeding $50M in value and operate on a team basis where everyone shares in the commissions earned and the total annual compensation is directly tied to team performance. It is a very transparent and open environment. The Broker Associate will assist the Senior Brokers on the Major Transaction Team and will be exposed to various facets of commercial real estate including:
- Direct client interaction and deal management
- Demographic, market and property analysis
- Marketing and preparation of CIM and data room for listings
- Coordinating and engaging in direct marketing initiatives
- Financial analysis and development of pro forma
- Direct communication with clients, prospects, other brokers and 3rd parties to transactions
- Direct communication with upper management including the CEO and President
- Working on the “front lines” on major deals
This is a high touch point position that will expose those eager to begin a career in commercial real estate to the various functional groups required to get a deal across the goal line and closed. SVN is looking for a motivated and ambitious individual who is a strong communicator and able to get on the phone and in front of clients. A real estate license is a major asset but not an absolute requirement for the right candidate although anyone hired will be expected to complete RECO registration in short order.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Active current real estate license or the willingness to begin OREA courses immediately
- University degree in business, finance, management or real estate
- Some exposure to the apartment industry in any of the following areas: apartment brokerage, lending, appraisal, construction or student housing. Previous transaction experience in commercial real estate with deal experience is an asset
- Strong financial and business insight with the ability to interpret financial analysis of apartment buildings with clients.
- Good communication skills, ability to make cold calls and the ability to execute presentations effortlessly with client focus.
- Technical proficiency with database systems and MS office software (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong working proficiency with Microsoft Excel and financial analysis
- Self-starter, self-motivated, with a permanent bias to action.
- Willingness to work beyond regular business hours and weekends as required
- A valid Ontario Driver’s license and daily access to a car
- A positive winning attitude.
Salary Income: up to $50k depending on experience plus commissions
Total Income package $60k-$90k.
Our salary plus commission-based compensation, your entrepreneurial spirit, and our rewarding innovation, supportive risk-taking, collaborative work environment through common goals, brainstorming and problem-solving sessions, and training programs will secure your earning potential. Our management team is genuine, transparent, and open to mentorship programs.
- Assisting the major transaction team at all levels of deal execution. From signing the listing to closing the deal the Junior Broker will be involved from start to finish with the eventual goal of learning the deal process and handling smaller deals independently and working up from there
- Ability to push forward marketing initiatives, get on the phone to call clients, prospects and cold calls.
- Necessity to learn the commercial real estate market in Ontario specifically regarding multifamily apartment and student housing product.
- Assisting in preparation of broker pro forma and broker opinion of value for various assets across Canada
- Develop a strong understanding of all SVN Rock value-added products and services including: Commercial Brokerage, Apartment Land Sales, New and Existing Apartment Sales, New Apartment Construction Feasibility Studies, Apartment Lease Up Services, Market Surveys, Leasing Training, and Mystery Shopping.
- Working closely with the SVN Rock Research and Database Team, to create high powered client presentations and proposals. You will work alongside with SVN Rock’s backroom team to prepare professional Building Opinion of Value (BOV) reports, flyers, brochures, Confidential Information Memorandums (CIM), and listing presentations so you can focus on selling.
- Assisting Senior Brokers in guiding clients through the complex sale process of their properties including pricing, marketing, advertising and leading tours, all the while managing the due diligence and closing the sale.
- Build relationships with clients to the level of “Trusted Advisor” to impact the sales process and build long-term customers and eventually become proficient at executing deals independent of Senior Brokers
- Maintain strong relationships with the apartment community by providing ongoing and timely updates on market trends.
- Participate in and promote webinars, external seminars and marketing efforts, and participate in all internal meetings and training organized for the sales department.
- Integrity— Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability— Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude and a strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Concern for Others— Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Free Parking, Ongoing Training, Performance Bonus, Vacation, Integration in large commercial real estate transactions from day 1.
About SVN International Corp.
SVN International Corp. has over 200 franchise offices throughout the US and Canada specializing in commercial real estate brokerage (sales and leasing). SVN® is a brand known for being inclusive and building trust within the industry through its open and transparent sales process. Working with our Shared Value Network™ we build demand for our properties through our shared fee incentives, online marketing platforms, and SVN | Live® weekly property broadcasts. We also work with clients who are seeking locations to grow their companies. We are the industry’s leader in collaboration and our culture gives every broker the opportunity to succeed on his or her own while also being part of a larger team that works, plays and wins together
Your Real Estate Career at SVN
Transparency. Collaboration. Trust. These words are intertwined with your success at SVN. Are you ambitious? Then we want you to join our team of real estate professionals. At SVN we believe in continuing education and training for our professionals. We are looking for individuals, like you, who are coachable, persistent and dedicated to the process. As a new to the business sales representative, you will have direct access to SVN’s System 4 Growth online training system and SVN | Jumpstart acceleration programs while you work alongside experienced Senior Sales Representatives in a team environment run by the office Deal Team Managing Director.
Commercial real estate is a $158 billion global industry that encompasses development, appraisal, financing, sales, leasing, and management. It is an industry that can be financially rewarding for those who are self-motivated and focused. It is also a profession that has an enormous impact on our local communities. This is a unique opportunity working directly with an experienced, highly successful team and learning from some of the best in the industry. Our rapidly growing brokerage is looking for smart, forward-thinking, results-oriented people. Our Agents are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our Agents embrace challenges and do their utmost to contribute to our clients’ success. This is a unique opportunity working directly with an experienced, highly successful team and learning from some of the best in the industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.